|Title:||Emergency & Restoration Technician|
Do you have relevant experience in the construction industry!
Job Location : Strone Kenora
STRONE specializes in the repair and reconstruction of properties damaged by fire, smoke, water or other peril. Working directly with the insurance companies, we respond 24 hours a day to emergencies, and pride ourselves on helping to restore a home or business to its pre-loss condition and enjoy a superior reputation for excellent work and customer service.
Primary Job Purpose
Part of the STRONE Division, the Emergency Technician is responsible to support STRONE with the initial job-site inspection, equipment set-up and monitoring to perform structural drying and emergency services as per STRONE standards at commercial and residential job sites.
- Set-up and installation of air movement equipment and portable dehumidification equipment.
- Participate in site demolition, and work with other STRONE employees, as well as oversee sub-trades.
- Physical lifting and removal of contents, debris, wet drywall, wet carpet and machinery over 50 lbs.
- Ability to pack out and move contents as needed.
- Complete documentation of job site work.
- Maintain equipment in good working order.
- Provide assistance with water damage, fire damage, mould and asbestos remediation as required to other offices.
- May be required to provide training and direction to subs.
The Technician must be a flexible individual and committed to providing exceptional customer service and deliver a high quality workmanship. This individual must be professional and demonstrate a high degree of remediation knowledge.
- Minimum of 1 year of remediation experience an asset
- Excellent communication, both written and oral.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to re-act to Company needs as and when required.
- WRT (Water Restoration Technician) certificate (IICRC) and Asbestos Awareness an asset
- Commitment to personal safety.
- Ability to work extended hours and respond to emergencies.
- Be willing to under go a criminal background check as required by our clients.
- Physically able to work in PPE including respiratory protection.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Emergency Response Manager
- Project Managers, Branch Managers
- Other STRONE crew
- External Customer