|Title:||Restoration General Trade (Ottawa)|
Do you have relevant Restoration experience in the construction industry!
Restoration Trade jobs available at our Ottawa location.
STRONE specializes in the restoration and reconstruction of properties damaged by fire, smoke, water or other peril. Working directly with the insurance companies, we respond 24 hours a day to emergencies, and pride ourselves on helping to restore a home or business to its pre-loss condition and enjoy a superior reputation for excellent work and customer service.
We are looking for customer focused, hardworking individuals with a can do attitude, and willingness to learn and grow . As a RESTORATION GENERAL CONSTRUCTION TRADE there will be extensive work in the restoration process of structures damaged by fire and water. This involves physical work, which would include but not be limited to carrying equipment and construction debris. You must be willing to work in dirty environments, where sewage and mold may be present.
Typical restoration duties include, but are not limited to:
- Restoration of effected areas that may include: dry walling, taping/mudding, installation of baseboard/trim, installation of cabinetry, tiling, painting, etc
- Removal of effected drywall, flooring, contents, etc
- Removal of debris - maintaining a clean worksite
- Effectively managing the client relationship through positive communication, presentation and work ethic
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience and proven track record in the restoration, emergency or a related industry
- Proficient with drywall installation and finishing, insulation work, textured ceilings, carpentry work (base trims, casings, doors, crowns, paneling, framing, etc.)
- Practical knowledge of painting, cabinetry work and building maintenance.
- Practical knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools.
- Practical knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Knowledge of basic shop mathematics to calculate metric conversions and materials needed for jobs
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Must be willing to submit to criminal background
Requirements for Success:
- Able to work and lead efficiently and effectively in a team environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service ability -- providing "high touch" service to our clients
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Able to meet strict deadlines and budget
- Strengths in multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in all types of conditions (hot,cold,wet and dusty)
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday and on call hours ( evenings and weekends) as determined by business necessity
- This restoration trade position will require mandatory on-call, overtime and weekends as needed.